Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Am I ready for this?

Day: 39
High Temp: 65F (apparently we do get a little fall after all! at least for today)
Job Status: Market Research Rookie (a.k.a. unemployed)

Saturday is my 10 year high school reunion. Am I ready for this? Most of the people I wanted to keep in touch with I have. Actually, there is a fairly large group of us that still talk regularly and see each other every Christmas. That said, it looks like most of them are attending, so it will be nice to see them sometime other than Christmas when every one is crazy trying to meet family obligations.

One excellent thing that will come of the reunion is my chance to see Rissi, an old friend that I haven't seen in person since our freshman year of college. Rissi and I both ended up at DePaul in the same dorm room, and we spend a lot of time together freshman year. However, as the end of the year approached, Rissi made the huge decision to leave college to pursue her music career. She is gorgeous, has a brilliant voice, and has done really well for herself. And I constantly marvel at the ballsy way she threw caution to the wind and went after (and attained) her dreams. Anyhow, the plan is for us to get together for a drink before the reunion so we can really catch up. I can't wait! Oh, and if you don't know Rissi, you should definitely check her out on iTunes or here.

I am kind of nervous though, about the reunion. Tom isn't coming with me, which means I am flying solo for the night. That's a pretty rare occurrence, and not really preferable to me, especially when concerning my reunion. Besides, you all know how adorable and charming Tom is. It would be nice to show him off a bit!

But what about you all? Anyone had a high school reunion yet? Did you go? How was it? While I am sure the new top from Anthropologie will help bolster my excitement for the big reunion, your reunion stories would definitely help too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment