Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Introducing Clara Jayne

It was almost exactly 8 months ago to the day that Tom and I were awoken by a phone call, or three actually. It was Thanksgiving morning, and fairly early. Being that we ourselves are childless, and knowing we had a long day of cooking (and eating) ahead we had actually planned to sleep in on that national holiday. Silly us.

The first call was before 8am. It was from my parent's phone, and I figured they just were excited to say Happy Thanksgiving. So I ignored the call. No message was left.

Call two comes in about a half hour later, this one from my dad's cell phone. Of course, enough time had elapsed that I had successfully fallen back asleep. In my early morning sleepiness, I miss the call, and say to Tom, "It must not be THAT important if they aren't leaving a message."But at this point, it is hopeless. The dog is up, Tom is up, and it's looking inevitably like we will just have to give in and start the day. I had three pies to make anyhow.

We had begun planning out what to tackle first in terms of cooking the feast when the third call came in, not 10 minutes after the second. This one from my brother's cell phone. And this time I answer. We wish each other a happy Thanksgiving and I (probably somewhat grumpily) explain to my little brother that not all of us have 5 month old twins, so SOME of us like to sleep in on the holidays and what the heck is the deal? What is so important that you had to call three times before 9am. Andy demurs and proceeds to chit chat with me for a few minutes. The he tells me he did actually have one important question he wanted to ask me, how do I feel about being an aunt again?

Of course, I would love to be an aunt again, and that is exactly what happened last night. As I said, almost exactly 8 months since I was awoken early on Thanksgiving morning, we were fortunate to welcome sweet Clara Jayne to the world. Clara weighs 7lb 7oz, and my mother swears that her hair shows signs of curl.
Angel Baby Muffin
And while Miss Clara lives a full 10 hours away from me, I just happen to have a trip planned to meet her in exactly two weeks. Needless to say, I cannot wait! Not to mention the fact that I will also get to visit with her two adorable twin brothers.

5 comments:

  1. She's adorable!! Two little twins and now a newborn? Your bro and sis-in-law must be super heroes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea we so rudely woke you guys so early! Obviously my common courtesy and phone etiquette went out the window... so I am sending a way-late apology for the early Thanksgiving news!

    PS - we couldn't be more excited about your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel Baby Muffin might possibly the cutest nick name ever! It kinda sounds like something your Mom might have come up with... am I right?
    What a little doll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Megan
    Oh, don't worry about it. Tom and I actually were more amused than annoyed. It was a nice reason to be out of bed early!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Molly

    Actually, Angel Baby Muffin is my doing, although my mom took to it immediately and uses it often. I am thinking of embroidering a bib with the moniker!

    ReplyDelete