Friday, July 15, 2011

DC, Here I Come!

In less than two weeks I board a plane to Washington, DC, and I CANNOT WAIT!! You see, my brilliant playwright husband has had a play accepted to the Kennedy Center/National New Play Network's annual MFA Playwrights Workshop, and I have decided to take advantage of the free hotel room to spend a few days exploring our capital.  Oh, and I want to see Tom's workshop too!

I will be in the District for 4 days, and will have a lot of time to myself as Tom does his artist thing at the Kennedy. I have already received lots of advice on what to do while in DC from locals, but am still looking for more great ideas.  Anyone have a favorite landmark, restaurant or museum that I just can't miss? Please leave your suggestions below. (Comments about how amazing Tom is are also welcome)

4 comments:

  1. Ooooooooobviously Tom is indeed amazing!
    You know what else is amazing? The toasted marshmallow milkshakes @ Good Stuff on Capital Hill. (the burgers & fries are pretty killer too). Have FUN!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No advice on the District, as I'm still waiting to visit myself....

    But TOM IS AMAZING. Please give him our congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben's Chili bowl is a legit institution and totally worth a horrible-for-you-but-oh-so-good lunch. Generally speaking, I also find their public transportation system to be very handy.

    As far as Tom...eh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip!! And congrats to Tom!

    Yes, I did know that about buffalo mozzarella. It's kind of amazing how delicious buffalo milk products can be...

    ReplyDelete