Friday, October 1, 2010

I love my Esthetician

Day: 412
High Temp: 88F

Her name is Casey, and boy did she earn her love from me on Wednesday. You see, I am getting married in eight days. The planning has been a lot of fun, but I am 800 miles away from where I am getting married, and so that has been challenging. And there is a lot of stuff to do if you are hosting a wedding with 150 guests, and you are making all the programs, centerpieces all other decor yourself (with help from your amazing mother). Add on top of this that Tom has been in tech and performances for a play all week (I literally have not seen him while I was awake since Tuesday night.) Oh, and there is the small matter of the gunman who terrorized campus on Tuesday morning. Yeah, you could say I have been stressed out.

Enter Casey. Casey is one of the talented Estheticians who works at Ann Webb Wellness Clinic located in North Austin. Thanks to a recommendation from my excellent boss here at UT Nursing, I have been going to AW for 4 months now for facials to get my skin into top condition for the wedding. It sounds indulgent, doesn't it? Well, would you believe that I have done this for the same price as just ONE facial at the Four Seasons Spa?

AW does new client facials for just $65, and after that, they are $45 for existing clients. AND you get a FREE facial during the month of your birthday. And this is no skimpy facial. I have had a facial at the above mentioned Four Season Spa, and the AW facial rivals it easily, plus, all the products they use are paraben and cruelty free, and they smell amazing.

Along with the cleansing, scrubbing, masking, oxygen treating and peeling I am treated to during my monthly facial, Casey also gives a first rate head, neck and arm massage while the products are working. And because I have been suffering from allergies the past few weeks, this week she also did this nifty face/pressure point massage thing to my face that all but relieved my sinus pressure. And I walked out of there with a free tea-tree blemish buster stick just incase I have any last minute, stress induced, wedding day breakouts!

I left feeling so incredibly relaxed with my skin glowing. A real triumph in a hectic week. True, the blissed out feeling only lasted for a few hours until I remembered all the stuff I need to get done. But, it was an island of calm that probably saved my sanity this week.

The good news for those who don't live in Austin is that Whole Foods carries her skin care line. So if you are looking for a good anti-aging moisturizer that doesn't cost as much as your car payment each month, check it out. I also love the peppermint milk cleanser which doubles as a hydrating face mask.

This little bit of love may be the last blog until the wedding. Unless I have loads of unanticipated down time while in the Lou, I will see you all when I am a Mrs!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like bliss! I'm so glad you've found a way to relax during the final countdown.

    ReplyDelete