Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wedding Dress Shopping Part 2

Day: 190
High Temp: 73F

Since Tom and I got engaged, I have been fixated on the idea of wearing two dresses, one for the ceremony, and one for the reception. I like the idea of a costume change. Part of it is surely the drama queen in me, but the larger part has to do with practicality. My wedding gown is long, it is full, and although it is light materials, it is a lot of dress. I just cant imagine enjoying a 5 hour reception in such a gown.

So, yesterday my fabulous friend Sara joined me at Unbridaled, a cute little bridal salon here in South Austin, specializing in unique bridal gowns. This boutique is so Austin, catering to brides who are laid back, and looking for something a little different than your standard ball gown. The girl who ran my appointment was sweet as pie, a master with those plastic clips, and really patient with me and Sara as we tried on 10 gowns, pored over the fabric samples and took loads of pics. The dress I chose is sleek, and short and very fun. It is the perfect dress to dance and party the night away in! And, it was part of their Jenny Yoo trunk show, so I got 10% off!

My mom has indulged me in this one splurge on my wedding day, agreeing to pay for two completely separate dresses, alterations and accessories, because she knows it will make me happy. How amazing is that?

2 comments:

  1. Am headed to the Jenny Yoo site now to check out her stuff. Can't wait to see your second ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Tom should wear three outfits.

    ReplyDelete