Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Long Time, No Blog (I'm sorry!)

Day: 172
High Temp: 47F and Rainy, so rainy!

I feel terrible. It has been so long since my last blog. It's not as though I haven't been thinking of you all! I have. And it's not as though I haven't had anything to write about. For instance, in the past 3 weeks, I should have been writing about:

- My new job
- The whackness of traffic in down town Austin (I commute every day now...)
- The release of the new Spoon album!
- Homer's first day of daycare
- My new love affair with KUT (even as I guiltily stream WBEZ at my desk each day...)
- My first paycheck
- My awesome book club
-The progress of the niece(s) and/or nephew(s)
-The Rusty Cusses, Pig Belmont, and other UT fun-facts

Honestly, the list goes on and on!

So what is up? Well, blame it on Lost.

Unless you have been living under a rock for the past month, you will know that the final season of Lost premiered last night. Well, as ambitious as we are, Tom and I decided to re-watch the first 5 seasons. It had been years since we had seen 1-3, and we were feeling rusty on the most recent episodes. Besides, I have been following Jorge Garcia's blog, and the excitement was just getting to me.

We started a little late for such an ambitious project, so we have been marathoning back episodes for weeks now. I have even been watching on my lunch break, which is when I had intended to try and keep up with this little blog project. Lost has taken all of my free time.

But the good news is that we finished, and literally just in time for last night's premiere. And now I am confident that I will understand all the obscure references, get all the little inside jokes and recognize all the minute characters who will undoubtedly show up again on the island (or off...) this season.

And have no fear, I am back to writing on a regular basis. This place is a lot cooler when you have a little money to spend, and I have a lot of fun things to look forward to in the next few weeks, including our first non-family visitors (Cassie and Ben), a very Texas birthday celebration for Tom and tons of fun cultural happenings both at UT and in the greater community.

0 comments:

Post a Comment