Monday, December 14, 2009

Merry Christmas To ME!!!

Day: 121
High Temp: 65F
Job Status: Employed!!!

You read that correctly. Employed. It only took 125 days...the longest 125 days of my life. And if you take into account that I was unemployed my last two weeks in Chicago in preparation for our big move, I have been out of work for 4 and a half months. Everyone kept telling me to enjoy the time while I had it, and I tried my best, but now I know that the next three weeks, and the upcoming holidays, are going to be the best ever.

The job is in the Development Department at the University of Texas School of Nursing. It is a 3 person department, and I am really excited. The department not only raises funds for the academic nursing programs at UT, but also for the two wellness centers that are affiliated with the school of nursing. Those clinics provide medical care to low-income and uninsured families and children. The job itself offers me the chance to use many of the skills I have from the performing arts sector, but will also allow me to gain experience in higher education and social services fundraising.

I am set to begin on January 4th. It really is the best Christmas present I could receive. Money has been very tight for Tom and I, and this new opportunity will represent the real start of my life here in Austin. I am letting out a huge sigh of relief, and preparing to celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! That's such great news. Isn't Tom's mom a nurse?

    ReplyDelete