Tuesday, March 22, 2011

We Grew This

Day: 584
High Temp: 82F



Check it out. Isn't it beautiful? I poached this one, and a few like it in some salted butter to eat as a side dish one night for dinner last week. It was divine.

So I realize that this blog may be turning into a gardening blog. It's kind of funny, because I am not sure I would ever call myself a gardener. But truth be told, it is the one thing in Austin right now that is most worth writing about/photographing. The green beans have sprouted, and its freaking beautiful. The arugula looks like it might flower- I didn't know arugula flowered. The garden is this ever changing, constant source of new, fascinating information. With my inevitable return to the city one day, I realize this garden could be the defining element of my time in Austin. I promise it won't ALL be gardening from here on out, but you've been warned.

1 comment: