Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hello, my name is Lindsey and I am a blog-subscriberholic

Day: 327
High Temp: 77F (what?!)

It's true!  I have been thinking about writing a post like this for weeks now, but with the recent addition of two new blogs in the past 24 hours, I figured it is time to come clean. I am currently following 43 (!) blogs, and I keep adding more.  They break down as follows:

Wedding/Event Planning- 21
Family and Friends- 8
Crafts/Fashion/Arts- 3
Food- 3
Misc- 3
Professional (like non profit, entrepreneurial related)- 2
Theatre- 2
Celebrity- 1

The most recent blog I added to the roll is Food In Jars, a blog about canning.  I love to can and jar all sorts of stuff, and so I was really excited when Carol over at Alinea At Home turned me onto it. Yes, that is how it almost always works for me. One blog leads to another and another and another, and so forth.

My favorite wedding blog, by far, is Ruffled. And the only celebrity blog I am following is Jorge Garcia's Further Dispatches (which truly was amazing when he was still filming Lost, but is still nice as he is such a genuinely cool guy).

I have 45 unread items still in my reader today, even though I had cleared it out by the end of the day yesterday, and spent part of my lunch hour earlier getting through a good portion of today's posts. What do you think? Do I need help?

I, myself, am currently tending to 2 of my own blogs... There is this one here, and my wedding blog here. Who needs 2 blogs?!

It helps to have a desk job, where instead of taking cigarette or coffee breaks, I can take a blog break when my brain is fried. I also have a mandatory 1 hour lunch each day, and do a lot of reading and writing at that time.

And since I am a glutton for punishment, I have to know... what are your favorite blogs? Besides mine, of course!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm not going to admit to how many blogs I follow if you think {43} is a lot... ;)

    I recently found 2 new cooking blogs that seem pretty cool:
    The Ungourmet ~ http://www.theungourmet.com/
    &
    Framed ~ http://framed-mylifeonepictureatatime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete