Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year, New Outlook

Day: 142
High Temp: 47F

If should be no shock to any of you that much of last year was hard for me. I was out of work for five months, and that itself tested my patience, relationship and bank account. On top of that, I found myself in a strange city where I didn't know anyone but Tom. I am happy to say that today represented a huge milestone in my time here in Texas: I started my new job!

Yes, today was my first official day as a longhorn, and I have to say I am thrilled at the possibilities. I have a parking permit, a photo id, and a handy longhorn post-it cube. No offense to the non-profits of Chicago, but the benefits are amazing. Among the best perks are the tuition reimbursement that will allow me to take on class a semester for free (in any degree program that I can get accepted to!) and the free health insurance is pretty nice too. And it seems as though I am going to have my very own office. This is a first for me, and I am excited at the possibility.

I am sure I will have a lot more to say on this topic as I settle into the new position, but for now, I am sleepy from my brutally early wake-up call. Here's hoping I am able to quickly readjust to the alarm!

0 comments:

Post a Comment